Sunday, January 6, 2008

Benson & Bucknor

Flash news : Benson & Bucknor have been given the baggy green cap for their exceptional performance in enabling Australia win their 16 test in a row.

The recent umpire fiasco has inspired me to come out of my self imposed hibernation and start writing all over again.I agree @ the end of the day it is only a game and umpires are after all human.Hmmmm.Guess we have heard that statement too often.I understand everyone makes mistakes & none is perfect.But 7 wrong decisions across 5 days is ridiculous.Bucknor has been a thorn in India's test performance over the last 3 years.

How can Benson consult with Ponting if Clarke had caught the ball cleanly ?? Hell , read the rules book & it clearly says when in doubt consult with the sqaure leg umpire & then the third umpire.
Also ponting was standing in first slip & clarke was in the second slip ,before him.So technically Ponting's view would have been totally obstructed when Clarke hit the ground.By the way Clarke was standing his ground in the second innings when he had clearly nicked the ball.I dont blame him bcos his buddy Symonds tried every possible way to get out in the first innings & umpire made sure he wasn't.Nice try Pup,but hard luck.

Finally I am planning to sue the ICC for the amount of time I have invested over the last 5 days in following India's performance.What should have been a great draw has turned into a humiliating defeat,thanks to the umpires.It has resulted in loss of productivity etc etc etc.The sensex had hit an all time high during that time & if i invested & followed the markets i would have earned a lot of money.I am suing them for a million dollars and all I hope to get is a murugan dollar.

No comments: